World-Class Teacher Resources for Teaching GeographyTop Teacher Resources That Help Teach Geography
Are you about to start navigating your class through World Geography? Need some great Geography teaching aids for your classroom? Well, you’re in the right location! In this post, you’ll find a list of the most popular World Geography teaching resources available online including downloadable thematic units, classroom posters, and fun activities for teaching and learning about Geography.
You can click on any resource title or image to learn more about it or purchase.
Geography Teaching Resources
Geography Thematic Hybrid Unit: Intro to Geography Download
This versatile digital resource is an entire Geography unit in one place! PDFs include complete teacher edition and editable student pages. Students simply type their answers in, save, and upload! Printable and projectable, this unit is perfect for seamless teaching in class, at home, or any combination!
- Flexible design works in any learning environment, ready to upload to Google Classroom or any other learning platform!
- Differentiated and supportive, with a solid mix of warmups, out-of-the-box activities, content and skills practice, graphic organizers, mapping and research exercises, and resources.
- Activities include: Easy Debates: Should the United States Do More Than What We Are Currently Doing to Protect Our Environment? and What Is the Most Beneficial Map Projection of the Earth?, SHOW ME Challenges and Clues: U.S. Geography and The World, Mock Trial: The Trial of Ferdinand Magellan, Document-Based Questions: How Does Geography Influence Destiny?, and Contemporary Issues—Overpopulation.
- Ready to implement! No textbook, no problem. An introductory reading with bolded key vocab terms starts the unit.
- Aligned to C3 and Common Core national standards.
Show Me Challenges and Clues for World Geography Book
Show Me Challenges and Clues engages students in a new approach to very quick, lively group or partner activities. Hundreds of activities cover all major regions of the world and can be woven into regular coursework or make for an exciting game format!
- Speed, Time, and Creative Challenges
- A blend of physical geography, cultural geography, and random fun clues
- Post-activity discussion questions and student-created examples
- Reproducible Creative Challenges template
- Alignment with Common Core, C3, and NCSS Standards
Easy Debates for the World Geography Classroom Book
- Initiate Student Debates
- Stimulate Interest, Teamwork, and Participation
- Increase Knowledge and Confidence
There’s nothing like introducing an argument to get students involved with the topics you’re teaching. Framing these subjects in a debate format helps them get invested and form a passion for research and learning outside the classroom.
The debate format in this book gets the whole class involved in the discussion in a fun and challenging way—way better than a lecture! These debates are all high school appropriate, and will help you stimulate discussions and improve the involvement of your students.
Topics range across subjects such as: political and economic systems, climate, geography, cartography, and much more. Of course, debates are not limited to the topics in this book—once you have the format down, you can create your own debate subjects!
Enclosed you will find ready-to-use debate lessons for your students, as well as different debating styles, a scoring rubric, and ideas on how to expand and extend each debate. Follow-up questions are also included for each topic, to ensure that each student truly comes away from the debate with a well-rounded knowledge of the subject.
Available as a digital download and in paper versions.
Geography Maps and Posters
Markable U.S. Wall Map
Make Your Class Wall a Giant U.S. Map!
Identify state capitals, cities, Native American reservations, and so much more with a map that covers your entire classroom wall! Students show their knowledge of the United States with a write-on, wipe-off map.
- Map is divided into four sections, each measuring approximately 6 x 4 feet (12 x 8 feet total area)
- Vinyl material with removable backing is easy to install on smooth surfaces
- For use with dry- or wet-erase markers
Physical Geography Terms Mini-Poster Set and Activity Packet Download
Everything You Need to Teach Space and Place
From eye-catching visual reminders to over 20 flexible interactive activities, get everything you need to teach space and place! Mini-posters each feature a geography term, a definition, an illustrated example, and three real-world examples. Activities include vocab practice, mapping, hands-on projects, and classroom games. Includes one poster set and one activity packet download.
GET THE SET AND SAVE!
Smackdown for World Geography Game
SMACKDOWN—The Geography Free-for-All Game!
Think your students know world geography? Challenge them to Smackdown, the geo game where students throw down what they know. Students match “Smackdown” answer cards to “Challenge” clue cards—the first person to discard their hand wins. But with clues like “south of 45° south” and “could fit in the United States,” it’s going to be harder than they think!
Also See: Smackdown for U.S. Geography Game
Geo Bee Geography Trivia Game
I’ll Take “Bodies of Water” for $200, Alex
The Neva River in Russia lies in which major city, Moscow or Saint Petersburg? In 1842, a group of more than 100 pioneers were part of the first wagon train on the Oregon Trail. They set off from which state? What language is spoken in the largest number of countries?*
Your students will show what they know and have fun at the same time when you host a Geo Bee. Try team competition, individual timed challenges, use them as an icebreaker or bell-ringer, or quiz the class. Five-hundred cards in five categories with differing levels of questions—simple general knowledge, multiple choice, and short response—offer many ways to present a stimulating challenge.
Includes questions about:
- Physical geography—USA and World
- Cultural geography
- Bodies of water
- Economic geography
- The Beehive—the Potpourri of the Geo Bee
*Answers: Saint Petersburg; Missouri; English
The Best Social Studies Resources Are at Teacher’s Discovery
There are many more Social Studies teacher resources at Teacher’s Discovery.
Subscribe to our blog and get free Social Studies resources sent to your inbox.